As 2016 comes to an end – welcome 2017! but before we let go the year 2016, let’s take a look back of what happen this year.
During the first quarter of the year 2016, I just resigned to my previous company (Delonix Marketing Inc) after my 3 years of service as Web Developer but we have a short Despidida Outing at Moalboal. I would like to acknowledge my previous company for giving me an opportunity to develop my skills as Web Developer despite the issues, up and down. Despite not in the company, I was still invited to one of my former colleague Lilet Yape to their fiesta in Pinamungajan which I was given a chance to go to the hidden treasure of Aloguinsan- Hermit’s Cove during summer.
And after a month, I joined a new environment of RipeConcepts Inc as Web Developer and meet new workmates which we have already have bonding together like Summer Outing in Bantayan Island and so much more.
My summer 2016 is really fun after been to several places in Cebu like Bantayan Island, Aloguinsan Hermit’s Cove, survivor trip in Kalanggaman Island and a white sand beach of Maravillallosa Park Resort.
In the mid of May, I just bought a new domain of my blog from LaagTaBai.com to LaaganKo.com which I currently maintaining now and hopefully to maintain it for many years.
I also joined the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk which I just used my Asus Zenfone 2 4/64 for this Photowalk. It was an awkward moment that they use DSLR cameras while I’m using my mobile to capture those moments that catch my eye. In my mobile photography experience, some of my photos was included in Stunning and Incredible Philippine Scenery Captured using Zenfone and be part of Cebu Mobile Photographers Worth Following listed by DriftStories.
In this year, I was able to join Instameet 3.0 held in Crimson Mactan, hosted and organized by Doyzkie of iluvcebu.com where I recommend you to join Instameet to meet new friends and expand your network.
In September, I was officially a member of Cebu Blogging Community and excited to put a badge on my blog. It’s such an honor to be part of one of the trusted community of bloggers in Cebu which I meet Cebu Bloggers and be part of the first installment of HIBSTER.
The list below are the HIBSTER bloggers that you should check it out their blogs since they won awards from prestigious blog awards in Cebu and speaker of even like Cebu Blogging Summit that was happen just this December 3, 2016.
- Carlo Andrew Olano of Kalami Cebu – a well-known food blogger Cebu. Kalami Cebu talks about food restaurant and latest foods offered by several foods.
- Channel Marie of Channel Marie – Social Media Manager, Blogger, Article Writer, Digital Nomad, Traveler, Foodie, Registered Nurse.
- LaiAriel Reyes Samangka of Thelittlelai: Beyond limits – Speaker, Multi-Award Travel Blogger
- Christoeffer John Restauro Estrada of Four-Eyed Laagan – Trekker, Travel Blogger, Vlogger who just recently won an award.
- Ramzy Orig Magbitang of Ramzyrizzle – Entertainment/Lifestyle Blogger, Vlogger and Rapper
- Rome Nicolas of Basta Bisaya – Blogger, Bisdak Lover. The blog is about Bisaya Culture, Cebuano Music in Cebuano Dialect.
- Rea Alducente of Blissful Snapshots – Award-Winning Photo Blogger and a Mom
- Jullian Robin Sobi of Utterly Random Techie – Award-Winning Technology Blogger
- Arnold Meguiso Jerodiaz of Wandering Souls Camper – Trekker, Supervisor and Travel Blogger
- Pam Baroro of Hey, Miss Adventures – Mom, Speaker and Travel Blogger
- Rady James Bagnol of Rady Set Go – Travel Blogger
- Katherine Annika Cutar of Nested Thoughts – Fashion Blogger
- Johanna Marie Frejoles of Laagan Nga Bata – Travel Blogger
- Marica Pidor of Chasing the Dreamer – Medical Student, Blogger
- Nhagz Torrecampo of Nhagzventures – Travel Blogger
- Christopher Gerard Climaco of Chris Climaco – Lifestyle Blogger
- Manny Urgada and Angelica Ross of The Co-Sins – Fashion and Travel Blogger.
I’m happy to meet you guys and thanks helping me as a blogger and hopefully, HIBSTER will grow and will last long.
The year 2016, is a year of food for me..haha.. I visited and reviewed a couple of restaurants this year together with my family, former and recent workmates, and HIBSTER.
I visited several restaurants that offer unlimited rice that most Filipino wants. Here are the lists of restaurants that offer unlimited rice to their customers.
- Mang Inasal – Why Mang Inasal is “Patok” to Pinoy? Unlimited Rice and chicken.. hhmmm
- Boosog Restaurant – Tried in Mango branch and now in Ayala together with RC Gwapos.
- Hukad sa Golden Cowrie Restaurant – A jolly crew in Ayala branch plus unlimited rice makes me comfort eating to this restaurant.
- Giligans Restaurant – Amazing and affordable rice-all-you-can starting 99php in Giligans with ice some of their menu.
I also visited burger chain/restaurant this year which lead to more eating again.
Burger is one of my favorite food and I’m craving it now while writing this post..Waaah.. Here are lists of burger chain/restaurant that I’ve visited this year.
- Burger Joint in Mabolo – Affordable but tasty burger patty.
- Big Daddy Truck Burger – A burger chain in a yellow big truck.
- Wasted Chef – I first visited Wasted Chef alone but my second visited is with RC Gwapos which I wasted again for the second time around. They offer an unlimited burger, pasta, shrimps, shawarma and pizza.
- Zark’s Burger – A fresh, huge and great burger in affordable price.
And that’s my year 2016 journey and will definitely surpass this journey by following years.
Welcome, 2017! And like everybody I wish to have a good year or much better year than the previous year. Who doesn’t want to have a better life?
New Year resolution is one of the popular words when the new year comes. A resolution to change to be a better person for the next year. Obviously! and you definitely agree with me that not 50% of your new resolution have been achieved for the past years.
I have no New Year Resolution but instead a bucket list for the year 2017 including travel and food.
MY 2017 TRAVEL BUCKET LIST
Lakawon Island in Negros – One time I saw a Facebook video that focuses on how beautiful Lakawon Island. That makes me interest to visit and add this to my travel bucket list.
Photo Credit: Philippine Lifestyle Blog
White Sand Bar, Manjuyod , Negros Oriental – Maldives version of the Philippines.
Boracay Island – I’ve been to Boracay and I totally have fun and one of the beautiful beaches but not the best for me. Thanks to my previous company who sponsored our accommodation which fewer expenses. Why do I want to go back? Hmm.. It’s still raining season when we got there..and I want to enjoy it by summer.. oh yeah! or anytime as long as not rainy season.
Osmena Peak – I heard a lot of this place and I want to try it by next year. Who can tell? I might like it and be trekker soon.. and yes! lose some weight!.
Funtastic Island – As I heard, one of the best place for cliff diving! but what!!! I don’t know how to swim because of traumatic experience before. hahaha. but I will definitely conquer my fear next year.
Siquijor Island – I will try to prove that people there is very nice and not the so-called fairy and witches place.
Enchanted River, Surigao del Sur – I heard by my friend and heard a lot about this unique river.
Heritage City of Vigan – The place is still well-maintained to keep our history.
I almost forgot to mention the beautiful Camotes Island.
From the list, I need to conquer my fear of seawater but I want to try trekking next year that’s why Osmena Peak is my first step. If I enjoyed I might climb more mountains in Cebu and enjoy life more. 😀
As for about Food blog next year, I will be visiting a restaurant once every 2 weeks to talk about their bestseller or new food recipes to offer to their customers and much more. This series will help people where to eat in Cebu and promote the restaurant, cafes and food chain.
Hopefully, I have more freelance work by the year 2017 to achieve my travel bucket list next year but hoping to visit some places that are interesting that is not included in my 2017 Travel Bucket List. You can comment here if you have any ideas that I need to visit and will gladly consider it to visit by the year 2017.
What’s your travel bucket list year? Do you have New Years Resolution? Share it by commenting below and would love to hear it from you!!..
Please be good to us, year 2017!!