Sun Life Financial Philippines will be part of the latest Iron Man 70.3 held in Shang Ri La Resort once again. The team composed of 3 athletes which include executives, advisors and brand ambassadors Piolo Pascual leading the Sun Life Tri-Team. Iron Man 70.3 was a successful event organized by Sunrise Events last August 6, 2017, despite the tragedy happen.
During the Sun Life Tri-Team press con last August 5, 2017, at Shang Ri La Hotel, they introduce five relay teams and one individual racer.
The two known actors Enchong Dee (swim) and Piolo Pascual (bike) with Toniel Ty (run) is one of the tri-team under Sun Life Financial Philippines.
Participants under Sun Life Financial are the following (team and individual category):
- Sun Life Board Director Paco Sandejas (swim) with Sun Life advisors Eboy de Leon (bike) and Mike Miras (run).
- Director Sandejas’ wife, former Olympian and TV host Christine Jacob Sandejas (swim) with Laarni de Guzman (bike) and Sun Life Health and Wellness Marketing Manager Jaymee “The Bull Runner” Pizarro (run) to form an all-female team.
- Former national team member Jan Michael Chiu (swim) together with Sun Life’s Karl Villalonga (bike) and Alfred Diacosa(run)
- Sun Life advisors KB Espinosa (swim) and Rocio Pantaleon (bike) together with Toots Malapad (run) of Sun Life’s Agency Agency Business Development Group as a 5th team.
- And the Sun Life’s Strategy and Financial Management Group Hazel Ferrer-Misa will compete in the individual category
During the presscon, they also present the medal to be used to award the racers. The multi-awarded industrial designer and Sun Life brand ambassador Kenneth Cobonpue was once again designed the medal that will be awarded to winning racers. It represents the three event of Ironman which includes bike, swim and run.
Sun Life has been boosting its health and wellness initiatives with Gowell, a community that promotes holistic wellness through a fit and active lifestyle, healthy eating, and living a balanced life. For more information, please visit www.gowell.com.ph
“Sun Life has taken part in the Ironman many times, and yet the excitement it brings never gets old. We’re proud of how our team…our company’s commitment to health and wellness” – Sun Life CEO and Country Head Riza Mantaring said.
Mantaring added, “We hope that Sun Life Tri-Team will inspire Filipinos who are looking to lead healthier lives. We encourage them to join the GoWell community so that we can help them reach their fitness goals.”
At the presscon, they also launch and introduced Sunpiology Duo which caters both running and cycling enthusiasts and come with two parts: Sun Life Cycle PH and Sun Life Resolution Run. The contract signing was held in Shangri-La Mactan with Sun Life CEO and Country Head Riza Mantaring, Sunl Life brand Ambassador Piolo Pascual, Sunrise Founder Founder Wilfred Uytensu and Sunrise General Manager Princess Galura. For more information please visit: www.sunpiology.com
About Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of insurance, wealth, and asset management solutions to individuals and corporate clients. For more information please visit www.sunlife.com
In women’s pro title, a 26-year-old Amelia Watkinson of New Zealand after clocking 4:29:17. Australians Jacquiline Thistleton and Kerry Morris finished as runners-up with times of 4:35:53 and 4:39:11.
The all-team female group of Sun Life Financial won the 2nd place in Women’s Relay. Kudos!!!