What is the common trip we go to once we reach the summer? Beach, Beach, Island Hopping, Resort. I bet that in the next few days, your Facebook feeds will be full of post related to their summer getaway.
Summer is coming in the next few weeks or some of us just started their summer in advance. I actually started my summer getaway with strangers at first.
Have you heard Carnaza Island? If no, let me introduce to you first or give you an idea about Carnaza Island before I give you the full travel guide on how to get there from Cebu to Carnaza Island. If yes, you can read later in this post the full travel guide according to my experience.
According to Wikipedia, Carnaza Island is a 174 hectares (430 acres) turtle-shaped island located north of the mainland Cebu in the Philippines. The island is bordered on all sides by the Visayan Sea. It belongs to the municipality of Daanbantayan in the province of Cebu.
Unexpectedly, I got a message on my Facebook page to post it off their invitation of any joiner who wants to join them going to Carnaza Island on the said date. As I post, I somehow research about Carnaza Island and I found out how beautiful the island is. In the end, I joined them on their adventure to Carnaza Island.
Since I give you an idea of Carnaza Island, it’s time to give you a travel guide to Carnaza Island. This travel guide is based on our trip going to Carnaza Island. This travel guide is from Cebu to Carnaza Island.
How to get there to Carnaza Island?
- Head on to North Bus Terminal
- Ride a bus/van going to Maya-Bagay
- Tell the driver or conductor to drop you off at Tapilon Port.
- From Tapilon Port, take a pumpboat going to Carnaza Island.
Where to stay at Carnaza Island?
- If you’re planning to stay overnight, you can contact and reserved a room in their Wood Tent at Carnaza Eco Park. Please do reservation before going to Carnaza Island due to its current popularity especially weekends but walk-ins are welcome too.
- You can also ask locals to where to stay overnight. Some locals will give you a stay for a minimal fee or free.
Carnaza Island Rates
- Carnaza Eco Park Entrance Fee – PHP200
- Carnaza Island Tour – PHP100 (we visited 3 tourist spots at Carnaza Island). You might pay more than that if we want to visit more attractions.
- Pumpboat – PHP100.00 per way
- Wood Tent – PHP200.00 good for 2
- Tent Rental and Set-Up – PHP100.00(Rental Rate) + PHP50.00(Set-Up)
- Bus – Non-Airconditioned (PHP197.00); Air-Conditioned (PHP210.00)
Carnaza Island Tips
- Travel hours from Cebu North Bus Terminal to Tapilon Port usually take 4 hours.
- Reserve in advance in Carnaza Eco Park for the Wood Tent rental.
- Bring enough foods to survive your stay at Carnaza Island. You can also buy fresh fish, squid with locals.
- Make sure to contact a good deal of boat if you’re going to rent the whole boat. You might be ending in a struggle in your trip like we had.
- Only one-trip going to Tapilon Port from Carnaza Island (8:00 AM).
- A trip from Tapilon Port to Carnaza Island is 2-3hours but depend on the boat. We are a total of 14pax but the boat we rent has the capacity of 10 pax only which takes us 3-4 hours due to heave waves plus the overload. We canceled the first boat who takes us to Carnaza Island and decided to take the Passenger Boat going back to Tapilon Port
- Local Guide is available at Carnaza Eco Park.
- You can grill and cook your foods at Carnaza Eco Park but they can also cook for you with a minimal fee.
- Put sunblocks before the trip to avoid getting sunburn. This tip is applicable for guys and gals.
- Bring powerbanks due to the limited electricity source. Electricity Hours: 6PM – 6AM. And they will use Solar Power
- Mobile signals is limited too. Just keep shooting the beautiful island and post it when you have the signal or got back to Cebu
Carnaza Island Tourist Spots
- Skull Cove with an amazing view of a helipad spot
- Kang Elena Beach
- More tourist spots here: https://www.vivomigsgee.com/2017/06/15/carnaza-island-cove-hopping-haven-in-cebu/
Carnaza Eco Park
Mobile Numbers: 0936-731-6495 / 0999-860-9761 / 0936-731-6495
Facebook Page: Carnaza Eco Park (https://www.facebook.com/carnazaecopark/)
Aishine Boat – 0936073656 / 09606401843
Tour/Overnight Stay rent a house
Konsehal Gigi Kamino – 09185475143
Thanks to the group who let me join their summer vacation. I would like also to thank who the habal-habal drivers who give us a tour of this beautiful Carnaza Island.
Here are few pictures I took during our Carnaza Island Overnight trip.
Thanks for reading my blog post and let me know what would be the next destination to visit this summer. You can PM on my page if you would like me to join to your trip.